PHOENIX, AZ – A woman is hospitalized in critical condition after police say a case of road rage ended in a four-vehicle crash on Tuesday, April 18th, 2023 in the evening.
The collision happened around 5:45 p.m. near 51st Avenue and Topeka Drive, just north of Union Hills Drive. Witnesses told detectives that it began as a road rage incident between a man driving an SUV and a pickup truck being driven by a teen. While both were driving south on 51st Avenue, police say the man in the SUV lost control and crossed into the northbound lanes. His SUV collided with another SUV, which was also pushed into another car.
The woman driving the northbound SUV was rushed to a hospital in critical condition. Three other adults were also taken to the hospital, but police say none with serious injuries.
If you have been injured in an accident in Arizona, it is important to contact an experienced personal injury attorney to protect your rights and seek compensation for your damages.
Police added that the two drivers involved in the original road rage incident stayed on the scene and neither showed signs of impairment. It’s unclear if any arrests have been made.
What to Do if Confronted by an Aggressive Driver
- Get Out of the Way – First and foremost, make every attempt to get out of their way.
- Put Your Pride Aside – Do not challenge them by speeding up or attempting to hold-your-own in your travel lane.
- Avoid Eye Contact – Eye contact can sometimes enrage an aggressive driver.
- Ignore gestures and refuse to return them.
- Report Serious Aggressive Driving – You or a passenger may call 9-1-1, but if you are using a cell phone, pull over to a safe location.
We extend our condolences to the family and friends of the victims of this crash. Call (602) 254-6071 to talk with an experienced attorney if you or a loved one were injured in a car accident.
Source: 3TV/CBS 5