PHOENIX, AZ – Seven children were hurt in a serious crash in Phoenix Sunday evening. Three of them are in critical condition. The 2-car accident happened shortly after 6 p.m. on March 28, 2021, near 71st Avenue and Buckeye Road. Video taken by our crews at the scene showed a silver minivan-type vehicle turned over on its side in the roadway.
Phoenix fire officials say a total of seven children were transported to the hospital. They gave us the following information on the young patients’ conditions:
- A 16-year-old boy is in critical condition.
- A 14-year-old girl is in critical condition.
- A 13-year-old boy is in critical condition.
- A 12-year-old boy is in stable condition.
- A 12-year-old girl is in stable condition.
- A 2-year-old boy is in stable condition.
- A 6-month-old girl is in stable condition.
Phoenix police say none of the injuries is life-threatening. There’s no further information available on what led up to the crash. Police say impairment does not appear to be a factor. Investigators remained at the scene to determine what factors may have caused the crash.
Our best wishes for swift and full recoveries for the injured.
Source: 3TV/CBS 5